So some of you may know that I suffer from the dreaded allergies! Since I'm so young and mom hasn't ever had a pug before, we didn't know that pugs could get allergies. So mom and dad had to hit up all the computer sites to see what my symptoms meant. There's a lot of information out there about allergies. First off, my symptoms weren't typical for allergies. See I had a lot of sneezing going on, and my orbs would water (I know my best feature!), and I would errr I guess you could say snore (I know not very lady like- but in my defense I was congested). I would only get this way after running through my beloved grass (mom says I'm no longer allowed to eat grass-see my earlier blogs about my grass ordeal). Mom asked fellow pug owners if their precious pugs too had these symptoms...most said yes and that their pugs also itched really bad. So mom called the vet and I had to take some pills, which didn't help and then I got a sinus infection. I'm all better now, but I thought I'd take the time to share with you how to help keep your pug symptom free.
First off, mow your lawn and avoid running through thick grass. If they do, wash them down after with a wet cloth or give them a bath. Next wipe down their crate and run all bedding trough a dryer cycle. The heat will get the allergens removed. Also, wash toys and run stuffed toys through a wash cycle. Consult your vet you may need meds to help with them. I know this may seem like a lot, but all these helped me become allergy free!