Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sleepy time

So today started off great. I was feeling generous, so I let mom sleep in until 6:30, that's like 30 minutes more than usual. After breakfast I thought I'd treat her to some snuggle time on the sofa, which turned into me taking a little nap. After I pestered her while she showered, we took off in the car for the dog park. I am so excited my dog park has reopened...it was closed for months for weather and some grass work, but now it's open and all my doggie friends are ready to get months of pent up energy out of them. I ran my 18.5lbs around that yard, thinking I could catch that puggle! HAH! Take that Dr. Pug Vet, thinking I'm tubby. I'd like to see you chase a puggle or two down...ain't gonna happen. Well...after my stubby little legs ran around for an hour it was back home to nap. After a few hours of R&R, mom said my favorite words... "Let's go play with Spencer!"
I could barely contain myself. I was going to play with my bestest buddy ever Spencer "Hambone" Bartholomew. Mom said we're going over the hill to try a new dog park, so this was like an extra special play date. We arrived at a beautiful park, and instantly I saw a familiar face, Spencer's grandma! She gave me quality love, and I had to ham it up for her. Once down the pathway I saw my buddy. He spotted me too and we were ready to go!! We ran and ran some more for hours. We would take smell brakes and of course had to get love from our moms. Good times...good times.
After all this play time today, I was one tired pug. After dinner (wasn't gonna skip that meal people), I plumped my pug bottom down on mom's side of the sofa, and that's pretty much where I spent the next 5 hours. So I'm off to bed, still having dreams of running with Spencer, and hoping the weather is sunny tomorrow so we can do it all over again.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bellatrix! How cool that you got to do to the dog park and hang with Spencer. There's nothing like running and running for hours with your best friend. It's tiring for sure but it keeps away the tubiness!

    Stubby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm kinda jealous guys. Sounds like you always have a bunch of fun.

    My human says I'm getting a bit tubey too. Think I can join you sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stubby, having such a great friend close by is always a plus. Who's your bestie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puglet, Spencer and I would love to have a play date with you and Dutch! That would be like the coolest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys! Let's totally have a play day. Maybe when the weather gets better we could do a BBQ and break out the pug pool! I'll get my extra one out for Brother Dutch!

    ReplyDelete